Children in KS1 are introduce to French through activities such as counting and answering the register.
Children in KS2 learn French using Language Angels as a starting point for their lessons.
We aim to:
- Ensure that all children experience a good quality first voice.
- To provide opportunities for all children to develop their knowledge of the language through a wide range of activities.
- Allow children to practise the skills of speaking, reading and writing in French.
- Give children the opportunity to understand the culture of the countries where French is spoken.
- To ensure that all children are able to access the curriculum.
How we will achieve our aims:
- High quality teaching that is adapted to include all children.
- Weekly French lessons for all KS2 year groups.
- Lessons providing regular opportunities for practising a variety of skills through games, songs and other interactive activities.
- Skills and knowledge progress across year groups.
- Offer enrichment opportunities such as themed days and weeks.
We will know we’ve achieved our aims if:
- Children recognise the importance of learning a Modern Foreign Language.
- Most children can talk with confidence about what they’ve learned in French lessons.
- Children are engaged in their lessons and progress can be seen.
- Children are prepared for the next stage of their Modern Foreign Language learning.