Latchingdon Church of England Primary School
Part of the Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust
‘Aiming high to be the best that we can be’
Welcome to our small, friendly church school. We are very proud of our children and their achievements and we would be pleased to show you around the school.
We hope you find this website informative and easy to use, but should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our Vision and Aims
AIM HIGH TO BE THE BEST
The Aims of the School
The school aims to provide a safe, stimulating environment in which pupils will develop:
- Lively, enquiring minds, with the ability to question and argue rationally, and to apply themselves to tasks confidently and independently.
- A reasoned set of attitudes, values and beliefs.
- Health and fitness and become equipped with a range of physical skills.
- The skills necessary to cope with an ever changing world and become well-rounded individuals.
- Interests which will enable them to enjoy and make the best use of their leisure time.
- Respect for others, regardless of their ethnic origin or socio-economic background, and to understand that people have different religions, beliefs and ways of life.
- Good relationships and a sense of belonging to the school community.
Parents can assist the school in achieving these aims by:
- Ensuring that children attend school in good health maintained by an adequate diet.
- Ensuring that they attend regularly, punctually and suitably dressed.
- Providing support for discipline within the school.
- Being realistic about their children’s abilities and offering encouragement and praise.
- Encouraging and helping with homework and hearing reading.
- Attending parents’ consultation evenings and other meetings relevant to their child.
The Christian ethos of the school seeks to promote high levels of self-esteem and confidence, enabling pupils to develop resilience, independence and maturity.
Latchingdon Church of England Primary School aims high and believes that everyone can succeed and grow. Through providing a broad and balanced curriculum children will be interested and stimulated to become lifelong learners. We aim to challenge and encourage all pupils to reach their full potential and expect high standards for learning, achievement and behaviour. Inclusion is important to us and all are welcome. We aim to work in partnership with parents and the community to provide the best possible experience for our children.
Our Christian Values:
Hope peacefulness, courage
Wisdom thankfulness, creativity
Friendship forgiveness, honesty
How we will achieve our values:
Hope is vital to achieve our aims in the future. We need courage and determination when we find tasks challenging. We strive for a peaceful atmosphere where we can be calm by resolving our differences with others.
Wisdom involves considering our actions and the feelings of other people. We need to understand that people are different so we must be respectful. Thinking creatively to find solutions to difficulties is a value we must have to appreciate the world around us.
At Latchingdon, we want to build happy, lasting friendships with everyone. We must be honest and trustworthy so that others know they can rely on us. Any of us can make a mistake and we must be prepared to admit to them and also to forgive.