Latchingdon Church of England Primary School
Part of the Diocese of Chelmsford Vine Schools Trust
Learning to Love, Loving to Learn
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friend (John 15: 12-13)
Welcome to our small, friendly church school. We are very proud of our children and their achievements and we would be pleased to show you around the school.
We hope you find this website informative and easy to use, but should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Our Vision and Aims
LEARNING TO LOVE, LOVING TO LEARN
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends (John 15:12-13)
The Aims of the School
The school aims to provide a safe, stimulating environment in which pupils will develop:
- Lively, enquiring minds, with the ability to question and argue rationally, and to apply themselves to tasks confidently and independently.
- A reasoned set of attitudes, values and beliefs.
- Health and fitness and become equipped with a range of physical skills.
- The skills necessary to cope with an ever changing world and become well-rounded individuals.
- Interests which will enable them to enjoy and make the best use of their leisure time.
- Respect for others and to understand that people have different religions, beliefs and ways of life.
- Good relationships and a sense of belonging to the school community.
Parents can assist the school in achieving these aims by:
- Ensuring that they attend regularly, punctually and suitably dressed.
- Ensuring that children attend school in good health maintained by an adequate diet.
- Providing support for discipline within the school.
- Being proud of their children’s achievements and offering encouragement and praise.
- Encouraging and helping with homework and hearing the children read regularly.
- Attending parents’ consultation evenings and other meetings relevant to their child.
The Christian ethos of the school seeks to promote a caring school community, high levels of self-esteem and confidence, enabling pupils to develop resilience, independence and maturity.
Latchingdon Church of England Primary School encourages the love of a close community and development of a love of learning. Through providing a broad and balanced curriculum children will be interested and stimulated to become lifelong learners. We aim to challenge and encourage all pupils to reach their full potential and expect high standards for learning, achievement and behaviour. Inclusion is important to us and all are welcome. We aim to work in partnership with parents and the wider community to provide the best possible experience for our children.
Our Christian Values:
“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.” (Colossians 3:15)
“If one falls down, a friend can lift him up.” (Ecclesiastes 4:10)
“Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)
“Be compassionate and kind to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” (Ephesians 4:32)
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9)
How we will achieve our values:
Love underpins all that we do. Love for each other, love for the world and a love of learning.
Hope is vital to achieve our aims in the future. We need courage and determination when we find tasks challenging. We strive for a peaceful atmosphere where we can be calm by resolving our differences with others.
Friendship involves considering our actions and the feelings of other people. We need to understand that people are different so we must be respectful. To be good friends we need to be ready to forgive and be forgiven.
At Latchingdon, we are thankful for all that we have; our friends, our families, a supporting community and a peaceful and beautiful setting for our school.