P.S.H.E. is highly valued at Latchingdon C of E Primary School and we aim for all children to develop an understanding of the ever-changing world in which we live. We aim to encourage children to develop inter-personal relationships and to take an active part in the school and wider community.
We aim to:
- Provide engaging P.S.H.E. lessons weekly using high-quality resources from the P.S.H.E. Association.
- Encourage a love of learning in all our pupils.
- Develop resilience and a Growth Mindset in our children.
- Positive wellbeing is nurtured and encouraged by all.
- Children are taught to respect and embrace a variety of cultures and differences and to understand equality and diversity.
How we will achieve our aims:
- P.S.H.E. is taught weekly by the class teacher. The children are exposed to the full breadth as detailed in the National Curriculum.
- High quality resources are use following the guidance from the P.S.H.E. Association.
- Give children opportunities to learn and explore positive social behaviours.
- Opportunities are given to have class discussion and activities to build on and develop an understanding of values.
We will know we’ve achieved our aims if:
- Children are enthusiastic learners, talking enthusiastically about learning they have enjoyed.
- Children are well-behaved and well-prepared citizens with a good moral compass.
- Children have good personal relationships and understand difference and diversity.
- Most children reach age-related expectations by the end of the academic year.
- Children are prepared for the next stage in their learning.